LIFE- 10 TO 6

The office starts at 10 and I swear on every religious book I know that I have never been to office on time. Yes, I am a late comer and normally, I start the work around 10.15 or 10.30. There are days when I have hell lot of work to do and then, there are days when I am free and at that time, I am supposed to write blogs on various topics.

In between, the work keeps coming my way and I keep delivering it asap. I have got a great speed at work and that somehow creates more work for me but, writing is something I like so I am never bothered about it.

When I joined the office, it was just because I was free and I thought that it’s better to work than sitting back at home waiting for the results of the aptitude tests. It was more like pursuing a passion and I had no idea about the work load. Not to forget, I don’t own a degree in journalism or English. I was offered a decent salary, obviously less than what I expected and told them, with the clause of increment after 3 months.

I was kind of satisfied with my job but in the 3rd and the 4th months, the “shauk” became a “shock”. The amount of work that I did in was surprising for me as well. I mean in a month, I am supposed to work for 23 or 24 days max, and in that I had delivered 10 websites from my end along with so many blogs and ads and posts. Not to mention, the rest of the work related to other that kept coming my way.

3 months were over and I asked my boss for the increment that I thought I deserved with the amount of work I am handling. It came back to negotiations again and this time, I was just not in the mood to compromise on it, may be, because I had already informed that I’ll be leaving the job in 4 months anyways and that actually came up to me as the reason for why I shouldn’t be given that hike. Again, I compromised as I was pretty much satisfied with the work culture and the negotiation ended.

I was back to work, but there have been a delay in the payment of the salary every month in the company and I wasn’t able to cope up with that delay. With so many words being spoken at every meeting, somehow I had decided that things are not going to change and so it’s better for me to leave the office and I finally gave up on it.

I have got a mediocre MBA college to attend in 4 months and hopefully, by the end of it, I’ll be earning more than my current salary. Cheers to the last day of the office and the beginning of a new college life!

Comments

Popular Posts